spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays - You're Made for a God-Sized Dream


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

It's only too late for our dreams when we decide to write "The End" on our stories and close the bookAs an anonymous quote my mom has on her refrigerator reads. "Never place a period where God has placed a comma." 

~taken from p. 23 You're Made for a God-Sized Dream by Holley Gerth



She whispers it into the phone, almost too softly for me to hear.
"I just...have this desire in my heart that won't go away."
She lists off reasons why it won't work, why this isn't the right time, and how she feels odd for even thinking about it in the first place. 
When she pauses for a deep, unsure breath, I slip in these words:  "It sounds like you have a God-sized dream." 


Visit Scraps of Life for another teaser from this book

books

3 comments:

Melissa O. said...

Such a great teaser and so true! <Here's my TT post!

kayerj said...

love that teaser. Sounds like a good book. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Hmmmm, don't think this one is for me, but hope that you enjoy it. Thanks for joining us this week.