spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Teaser Tuesday ~ Loving the Way Jesus Loves


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

 There never has been and never will be a clearer or more compelling example of love's endurance than the love that Jesus showed as he went to the cross.  

~taken from p. 137 & 138 of Loving the Way Jesus Loves by Phil Ryken





There is nothing I need more in my life than more of the love of Jesus.  I need more of his love for my wife-the woman God has called me to serve until death.  I need more of his love for my children and the rest of my extended family.  I need more of his love for the church, including the spiritual brothers and sister is is sometimes hard for me to love.  I need more of his love for my neighbors who still need to hear the gospel, and for all the lost and the lonely people who are close to the heart os god even when they are far from my thoughts.

~taken from Loving the Way Jesus Loves by Phil Ryken

books

1 comment:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Thanks for joining us this week. I hope you enjoy this book.