spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Review of the summer of cotton candy


When Candace thinks her life is going good... she has landed a summer job, boyfriend - you name it... watch out the tide changes. She is quickly brought back to reality by the thought....No matter how bad things look, there is always someone worse off then you. We all have bad days but can every day be bad Candace had to begin to ask herself. Little did she know she was in for a summer of change. Sometimes it takes time to get what you want. Can things be terrible and wonderful all in the same summer? Where there's a will there's a way & Better late than never are two phrases Candace's mother drills in her. Just why can't there be a big voice from heaven saying this is what you need to do. Candace finds that her summer job was maybe just meant to be a testing ground.
This was my first Debbie Viguie book. I didn't know what to expect, but I quickly fell in love with her humor. This was definitely a teen chick lit. Loved the way she used teen words and phrases in the book. Just so down to earth. There were a few slang words in the book. I just can't wait for books 2, 3, 4. I have to find out more of what happens in Candace's life. I think I'm hooked on this series. Why don't you pick up the book and see for yourself. You'll be dazzled by Debbie from the very beginning I'm sure of it cause I was. Go ahead I know you'll fall in love with Candace, her job, her friends and everything in this book.

Read first chapter here.


Read author interview here.

books

No comments: