spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Friday, March 27, 2009

How one author gets her ideas.....

I read nice article about how one author get her ideas...I'd love to pass on the article post link on to you. It was very interesting to say the least.
the Author was....


Any writer can tell you that the most frequently asked question they hear is, “Where do you get your ideas?” Writers get their ideas the same as everyone else does. Ideas just come to us. The difference is that writers learn to brainstorm and embellish on the original idea until it’s a plausible idea for a book.

I used to reply with a quip, such as one of these:

“I subscribe to Idea Monthly.”
“I close myself in a dark closet, chant a mantra, and don’t come out until a complete story has come to me.”
“I remember everything everyone tells me and I use it.”
“Little green men come to me and night and whisper plots in my ear.”

“There’s a warehouse on the outskirts of Tulsa….”

The problem with answering like that is that—people take me seriously!


Many of my ideas come from hearing a song, watching a movie, reading a book, or from my research. Something will catch my attention, and I’ll think “what if”? Then I play with the notion until I turn it into a story.


From the original concept, I develop the characters first....... (Read the rest of her article here)

You can find Cheryl here.



books

No comments: