spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Thursday, October 28, 2010

FIR Question #5



This year Katrina who hosts the Fall into Reading challenge is posting a weekly question for us to meme on. I'm a little late again posting the question and my response, but non-the-less here is this week's question:

When you read a book, do you read EVERYTHING? In other words, do you read the dedication, the acknowledgements, the foreword, the afterword, the prologue, the epilogue, the appendices, etc.? Or do you just read the “meat” of the book? Or is your approach somewhere in between?

I don't read everything generally.  However, if something jumps off the page I'll read it when it comes to the dedication and acknowledgments.  The introduction,  prologue and epilogue I will read.  appendices and index, table of contents I will glance at and see if they are intriguing I will read them.  So I'm a mediocre reader I guess.  Not just the meat. 


What about you? Do you start with Chapter 1? Or do read all the extras, too?

books

No comments: