In tough times discover…99 Ways (times six) to thrive!
The Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group introduces 99…times six…practical and up-to-date ways to help families flourish despite present economic challenges, priced at just $5.99 per book (WaterBrook Press, July 21, 2009). These books are not only timely, but also inexpensive enough to fit into everyone’s tightening budget.
99 Ways to Stretch Your Home Budget by Cheri Gillard, nurse and mother of quadruplets. Practical ideas on how families can save money around the house.
My Review :
With all the talk these days being bailouts, Cheri Gillard is here with her book 99 Ways to Stretch Your Home Budget (BAILOUTS for your Family). Who better to give us some tips than a mother of quadruplets. If anyone should know, she should know how to stretch the budget. Gillard claims following these tips could save your family hundreds and maybe even thousands of dollars in a year's time. So now that a new years is approaching why not give some of her tips a try.
Here are the chapter breakdowns in her book:
- 1. Food for Thought ~ 16 budgeting tips for feeding the crew.
- 2. Passion for Fashion ~ Gillard gives 16 tips on building a pracital wardrobe within the budget.
- 3. On the Go ~ You'll find 14 car care and vacationing tips.
- 4. About the Home ~ 15 tips on keeping up care around the house at a minimum.
- 5. Plug & Play ~ 13 ways to save on family fun activities, with electronics and media included.
- 6. Style Wiles ~ There are 12 tips on cutting the cost for personal needs: hair cuts, massages, nails, etc.
- 7. General Hospital ~ 13 physical and emotional health care tips are presented these include: dental, chiropractor, insurance, prescriptions and more.
99 Ways to Entertain Your Family for Free by Mack Thomas, bestselling author of The First Step Bible and father of five. Offers activities and events sure to entertain and educate family members of all ages.
99 Ways to Fight Worry and Stress by Elsa Kok Colopy, Associate Editor for Focus on the Family Publications. Presents skills to guard rest, dream a little, and dive into truth and more.
99 Ways to Increase Your Income by Frank Martin, successful entrepreneur and author of over sixteen books. Provides tips to generate more cash, and rebuild or supplement an income, while hanging on to existing dollars.
99 Ways to Build Job Security by Gary Nowinski, veteran in corporate management and downsizing. Introduces key strategies to help employees keep their jobs during economic cutbacks.
99 Bible Promises for Tough Times by Randy Petersen, seasoned author of more than fifty books and Bible studies. Gives encouraging and wise words found in Scripture to mediate upon.
Written for families and individuals who are hoping to not only survive but thrive, during tough times. These value-packed, applicable resources offer relevant and reliable insights to endure the current economic downturn, and are sure to appeal to families in all stages of life. Get more information about these books here.
A copy of 99 ways to Stretch your Home Budget was provided for review by