Discussion questions for Wanda E. Brunstetter’s New book:
A Sister’s Hope
1. The Hostettler family was under attack for many months and didn’t know who was responsible. How would you feel if something similar happened to your family? Would you have handled it differently than the Hostettlers did?
2. Why was Roman so convinced Luke was responsible for the attacks? Have you ever accused someone of something without knowing the facts?
3. Have a you ever been accused of doing something you didn’t do? How did it make you feel, and how did you respond to the accusation?
4. Was Roman right in forbidding Martha to see Luke? Could that have made Martha want to see Luke even more?
5. Do you think Grace was unreasonable in her reactions to Carl’s request to see Anna? Was she being overprotective or just cautious?
6. Roman’s sister, Rosemary, was a positive influence on all three of Roman’s daughters. Do you thing Rosemary had any regrets about having left the Amish faith? Why do you think she chose to remain English?
7. What life lessons did you learn from reading A Sister’s Hope? In what ways did it help strengthen your faith?
Review first chapter here.