Lose the Weight...Lose the Worry!
Mother and Daughter Team Up to
Share the Plan
(Birmingham, AL) - Does the idea of starting a diet make you hungry? Can you eat more than your children's combined weight in twinkies? Don't worry! Help is on the way. Author Julie Morris, RN, and her daughter, Sarah Morris Cherry, have developed a proven method for losing weight and keeping it off permanently. The Guided By Him method not only helps people lose weight, it also helps participants learn how to cope with stress. After years of struggling with her weight, Julie has developed a strategic, humor-filled plan designed to keep participants motivated, laughing, learning and yes, even eating.
In Guided By Him, readers embark on an adventure in weight loss. Julie and Sarah use uplifting scriptures, thought-provoking questions, daily devotionals and fun-filled food facts to ensure readers keep a positive, light attitude toward learning a leaner lifestyle. Julie's experience as a nurse and Sarah's knowledge as a certified counselor, make this a pair of enthusiastic, highly qualified coaches. This study could be used alone in the comfort of home or led in a group setting. It's great for casual girlfriend meetings, church small groups and even the lunchroom at work! Accountability questions keep participants honest and real with themselves and others.
Check out these chapter titles:
- Tootsie Roll Tug-of-War
- Do Broken Cookies Count?
- Is Fudge My Fortress?
- Pick up My What???
- How Can I Get This Mountain off of Me?
- I Have Let Myself Go. Is It Too Late to Get the Old ME Back?
About the Authors
Julie Morris and Sarah Morris Cherry
Julie Morris is a wife, mother, nurse, author and teacher. Since 8 years of age Julie has struggled to control her weight. That struggle of overeating, along with high blood pressure, sent her searching for a solution. After discovering the Christian 12 steps she began seeking God's guidance toward health and wholeness. Now, 25 years later, she's excited to share these tips with others. She is the founder of the Step Forward weight loss program. Guided by Him is a lighter, easier version of Step Forward, for today's busier lifestyles.
Sarah Morris Cherry is a wife, new mother and Licensed Professional Counselor. She has counseled people from two to 92. Whatever the age, she enjoys teaching people new ways to deal with stress as well as facts for healthy living. She coaches them with simple things they can do to become more like the people they want to be. She speaks from experience, having overcome many overwhelming health problems by putting these concepts into practice.
10 Super Snacks to Super Size Your Healthy Lifestyle
1. A sandwich made with low-calorie bread (40 calories a slice), fat-free mayo and low-calorie ham and/or cheese (30 calories a slice) cut up in four pieces and arranged nicely on a plate
2. A sugar-free Popsicle in the summer or sugar-free hot chocolate in the winter
3. A smoothie made in a blender with fat-free milk, ice cubes and sugar-free hot chocolate mix (25 calories) or fruit with artificial sweetener
4. A baked apple—cut up, seasoned with nutmeg and cooked in the microwave for a few minutes, topped with fat-free margarine
5. A steaming bowl of low-calorie soup or a package of instant oatmeal—cooked in the microwave after adding water
6. Bruschetta—a whole grain slice of bread or large cracker, topped with a slice of tomato and low-fat cheese on top—microwaved for a few seconds to warm it up and melt the cheese
7. A 100-calorie bag of lite microwave popcorn
8. A raw vegetable platter, with a variety of vegetables—cut up in little pieces and arranged nicely on a plate, with a serving of fat-free dressing in the middle. Or several stalks of celery stuffed with fat-free cream cheese—seasoned to taste
9. A parfait—served in a tall glass filled with 4 ounces of plain yogurt, layered with fruit (no sugar added) and topped with a pinch of Grape Nuts or other high-fiber cereal
10. Little carrots served with spinach dip—fat-free sour cream, seasoned with dry soup mix and raw chopped spinach (defrosted, if frozen, with all of the water squeezed out of it)
Published by: GBH Press
Release Date: Dec. 7, 2008
Dim.: 8.5in X 11in
Check out Authors Interview here.
Read my Review here.
Want to win this book plus others here's the scoop:
Leave a comment. If I receive 10 or more comments, a guest from my site comments will be eligible for a grand prize drawing for three of Julie's books: Guided By Him, From Worry to Worship and From Worthless to Worthy.
Let me know in your comment what is your favorite healthy food or snack, etc. Be sure to leave a way for me to contact you if you are the winner. US residents only please. Drawing will be next Thursday, Feb. 12th.
Now Closed for drawing.
# 18 gkstratos' name will go into the grand drawing.
Thanks to all who entered.
Note: Become a follower of my blog or subscriber to blog (left column of my page) and you will get a chance to win also.
This blog tour is through: