spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday ~ Broken Birds




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, f hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for un! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Nathan once again boarded the train heading for destinations unknown, hopeful that the next place would be better. He and his unfortunate fellow travelers remained crowded in the cattle car for days. The air was stifling, and the ammonia from the straw toilet area burned their eyes and sickened their empty stomachs. 

Taken from p. 59 (note this was taken from a Word Doc book so pages may vary from hard copy) Broken Birds, by Jeannette Katzir



books

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh!! Gross! Good choice, though. I'm interested to know WHY!!
My teaser this week is from Five Flavors of Dumb

Harris Channing said...

Yeah, the toilet area in my mother's horse barn could burn your eyes at times too! Great teaser.

Don't know if you'd be interested in my post, but here's the link in case you are:

http://harrischanningauthor.blogspot.com/

Belinda said...

Oh that is so gross. Why would they have to travel like that? What could possibly be that bad??

The Bookish Snob - Shades of Desire by LM Pruitt

Lori said...

Okay...EWWWWWW!!!! I hope that you enjoy your book. Check out my MY Teaser For Tuesday. Happy Reading.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Your teaser got me to find out more. This would definitely be a tough book for me to read. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Su-sieee! Mac
This and That. Here and There. Now, Sometimes Then.