spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday ~ The Secret of the Sacred Scarab




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Suddenly he heard a faint scratching at the window.  Looking up, he saw a thin black rod easing through a tiny gap between the sliding glass and the outer window frame.  The sliding glass window could only be opened from the inside, which meant that someone must have been in their cabin and deliberately unlatched it from there.  The faint scrabbling noise continued.  The intruder was trying to work the window open by jiggling the rod inside the gap to make it wider.  Soon the gap was be wide enough for someone's fingers to slide through. 

~taken from p. 99 of The Secret of the Sacred Scarab by Fiona Ingram



books

4 comments:

Donna said...

Nice teaser! It makes me want to find out who or what is trying to come through the window! My teaser is here.

Beth F said...

Uh oh! Doesn't sound good.

Claire said...

Creepy teaser! This is totally new to me but sounds like an awesome read. One to add to my wishlist.

My teaser is here if you'd like a look :)

Unknown said...

This is on my list for this month. I'm very excited to read it!! Thanks for the tease!!