spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Saturday, May 31, 2008

My review of House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo


Xander and David, lovingly referred to as Dae, find themselves in the middle of an adventure that they probably won't forget. The house their family decided to buy is a house of a different color. Or as the title implies: dark shadows. The linen closet leads to of all places.....school. And the secret passage they find leads to an attic with 20 rooms all of which have the same arrangement of a bench, a shelf, hooks and a locked door. But the theme of the items on the bench, self and hooks are different themes in each room. What did each of the items mean? Were the items more important than the rooms?
I don't know that I have ever read any thing written by Mr. Liparulo. I did however, find him very descriptive; Detail is his cup of tea. You can imagine just exactly what he describes. A blind person would love his books for the fine descriptions. This book is a juvenile fiction and I believe any kid would be taken up as the mystery unfolds with each turn of the page. I had a hard time putting the book down at times. I can't wait to start book two to see how things turn out. Only one draw back I have was a few times the author did use some slang words.

Go ahead take an adventure with two boys and their family, a house with many doors, rooms, and passageways, and an author with an imagination. Read the 1st chapter here and see if you aren't hooked.

books

No comments: