spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Teaser Tuesday ~ Down and Out in Beverly Heels


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I rang the bell before unlocking the front door, even though I knew Paul wasn't home.  Otherwise he'd have bounded down the walkway as soon as my car pulled up.  I would have seen him striding toward me, tanned and grinning, his shirttails flapping over well-worn khakis, eager to sweep me up in his arms.  Instead, I was greeted with newspapers yellowing on the front steps. I pulled the key from the lock and stepped inside to dense silence and the mustiness of a house shut up, unoccupied-how long?  Three weeks? 

~taken from p. 1 of  Down and Out in Beverly Heels by Kathryn Leigh Scott



My husband and his mistress are dead-offed by a hit man the cops think I hired.  I shift in my chair, trying to look calm.  My lips stick to my teeth, but I manage to keep smiling as my mind grapples with the inane plot line of the script. 

~taken from Down and Out in Beverly Heels by Kathryn Leigh Scott


books

2 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Sounds kinda fun...LOL Hope you enjoy it and thank you for joining us.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect beach read!