spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays - Prayer Warrior Mom



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

I've found that our culture's obsession with technology can  become toxic and all-consuming if we let it.  (We tend to do a lot of mindless eating when we watch TV too.)  The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that for children over the age two, we limit our kids' screen time to a total of two hours or less per day (including TV, computer, video games, etc.).  The AAP does not recommend any TV or screen time at all for children under age two.  A recent New York Times article states that , according to the AAP, "screen time provides no educational benefits for children under age 2 and leaves less room for activities that do, like interacting with other people and playing."  .....

I also recently read a sobering article in Parenting magazine stating that the time we spend reading to our kids should be twice the amount of time they watching TV.

~taken from p. 132 & 133 Prayer Warrior Mom by Marla Alupoaicei




I WAS FREE!  My husband had agreed to watch the kids for a bit so I could spend a rare couple of hours at my local Christian bookstore.  I swung through the Starbucks drive-thru and grabbed a skinny latte on my way over. 


~taken from  Prayer Warrior Mom by Marla Alupoaicei



books

No comments: