spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Thursday, June 9, 2011

BtT: Own or Borrow?

 

We haven't participated in this meme in awhile so thought I'd give it a wing again.  

All things being equal (money, space, etc), would you rather own copies of the books you read? Or borrow them?

I'm a book lover if you only saw what I have.  they are stashed everywhere and I mean everywhere.  I have a room of just boxed up books; ones I've read or hope to someday read.  I love the physical part of touching a book taking it out side to the shade or have it in the car.  I don't part with them easy once I own one, though I know I have more books than I can read in a lifetime let alone read another book a second or third time.  For the neat, and tidy part I love the borrow aspect since I don't read a book twice, there are too many good books.  I don't mind borrowing a book.  So I'd have to say since all things are equal borrow would be AOK with me then I have MORE space and money for my sewing hobby.  ;P  

What about you?   All things being equal (money, space, etc), would you rather own copies of the books you read? Or borrow them?


books

3 comments:

Erika @badassbookreviews said...

New follower, good Answer :)

I like your patriotic site!

Erika

Cindy Swanson said...

Your feelings are a lot like mine on this subject. And like you, I love the sensory aspect of reading, which is why I haven't yet succumbed to a Kindle.

Hope you'll visit my BTT post:

Cindy at Cindy's Book Club

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just dropped in to tell you that I love your blog and your posts; you are really creative. Also, when you get a chance, check out my post about my experiences at the Blogger Convention in New York. ivan@ivanking.com