spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Teaser Tuesday ~ Pompe II




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for un! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers
She needed to get away.  She shoved him aside and began to run down the alley.  

He followed.  She could hear the slap of his sandals, but he did not call out.  She reached the end of the alley, to the intersection with the main street, and fell into the crowd.  It would not do to run here, to draw attention to herself.  Especially with a Roman nobleman chasing her.  She weaved through townspeople wanting only to be lost in the crowd.

But he was behind her in a moment, speaking into her ear as she moved.

~taken from p. 71 of Pompe II by T. L. Higley

Check out my giveaway here for a copy of this book.  I'll draw a winner on July 1st. 
**Tell me you came from 4 the LOVE of BOOKS for a bonus entry.**


books

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, people keep suggesting I read this and until your teaser I wasn't the least bit interested. Thanks for changing my mind.

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Interesting teaser! I keep finding more and more books to add to my pile. :) My teaser, hope you can stop by for a visit.

Cindy said...

Love it. It makes me want to add to my TBR. TFS.

Here's mine:
http://cindyhall.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_28.html

Jo K said...

Great teaser! Here is my TT.

Anonymous said...

Your teaser makes me want to read more.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_28.html

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That sounds very interesting. I've seen this at the library recently, going to have to check it out.

This is my TT http://www.havocandmayhem.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday.html