Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Today's teaser is a little different I've taken a few quotes from Kevin Leman's book What a Difference a Mom Makes.
- There's a time when you butt out and let your child handle his own problems. But there are other times when you need to step in and take action. (p. 44)
- Expect the best, and you'll most often get the best. (p. 54)
- What you expect out of your children and how you treat them is what they will become. (p. 89)
- Your home needs to be a place where your son can fail-and learn from that failure. (p. 114)
- Just because your son is acting the way he is doesn't mean that he gets off not doing what he's suppose to (p. 118)
- Controllers are powerful people who want to control everything and everyone. (p. 188)
- I had a mom who believed in me despite all good evidence to the contrary. (p. 244)
~excerpts taken from What a Difference a Mom Makes by Kevin Leman