spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesday ~ The Missing




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Yonnie nodded. "Actually, things aren't that different in Indiana, but my parents...well, they don't always observe the do's and don'ts like some Plain couples."


p. 301 (note: this page # is from Large Print edition may not correspond with regular edition page #); The Missing by Beverly Lewis

Read my review of the book here.



books

5 comments:

Harvee said...

Unusual for the parents to be different. Usually it's the children! Here's my teaser.

Kaye said...

That certainly intrigues me! I hope you enjoyed the book. My TT is from The Seventh Witch and can be found here

Jennifer said...

Now that is intriguing. Enough so, I want to read the book.

Lisa said...

sounds like something I would read

Here's mine.

Phyl said...

Oooh! I saw your explanatory comments at Jennifer's blog, which brought me here. I got a review copy of The Secret last year, and really liked it. I didn't realize The Missing was now out, so I'll have to look for it. Yay!

Your teaser really whets my appetite to find out the next stage of things. :-)

Meanwhile, my own teaser is at Bookishgal.