Friday, August 6, 2010

Blog Hop Friday ~ Aug. 6, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

To check out other answers and join the hop go and check out Crazy-For_Books.com for the Mr. Linky for the Blog Hop.

This week's question:
Do you listen to music when you read? If so, what are your favorite reading tunes?

My answer:

No, I don't like listening to music when I'm trying to read. I think it is distracting from my reading. Because I want to listen to the words of the music and not think about what I'm trying reading. Even if it is songs without words (just instrumental), I may know the words so my brain is thinking the words. I'm not real hot on audio books either. I'd rather see the words on the page. I have to really concentrate and do nothing (which can be hard, in this multi-tasking world) to listen to a book on tape. I don't like talk radio because I must be focused in at all times. Talk in the room, while talk radio is on just don't mix. Too much in the background for me. OK so I got off the question a wee bit.


books

10 comments:

LM Preston said...

I'm a silent reader too! Hopping in for the blog hop. Love your banner quote btw :-D

Crystal said...

Hopping by - I'm the same - I don't listen to music when I read except at the gym when I'm tuning out others.

I do listen to audiobooks, but find the only time I'm successful at it is in the car, but even then my mind can wander. But I still get the gist and it's a great way to spend the 50 minutes a day I spend going to and from work.

Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading) said...

I'm with you on the quiet. Have a great weekend!

Joy Tamsin David said...

Hello Apple Blossom!

It's nice to meet you. I'm stopping by from the Book Blogger Hop. I also read and review Christian fiction. I'm your newest follower.

Have an awesome weekend!
Joy

Hott Books - Gina said...

Just hopped by to check you out.
I'm not into reading with background noise either. Though I generally read while hubby is watching tv or the kids are practicing sports...
Enjoy your weekend!
Gina ~ Hott Books

(Also - you should check Joy out! She's an awesome blogger!)

pussreboots said...

Most hoppers this week seem to agree that music is distracting. I though like to listen to music and read.

Come see how I listen to music when I read.

Christina said...

Just stopping by from the hop! I really love your background :)

Hope you have an amazing weekend!

-Christina
http://books-are-life-reviews.blogspot.com/

The Book Bee said...

Hello, just stopping by from the hop. I like the look of your blog. Have a good weekend.
bookbee
http://thebookbee.blogspot.com

Kirsten said...

Just hopping by to say hello. Love your quote. I have to read in silence to concentrate.

nymfaux said...

Hi! I'm a new follower--just stopping by from the hop! As music goes--I used to have music playing all the time, but now I prefer quiet.

Looks like a fun blog!!! Hope you're having a great weekend!!!

nymfaux
http://nymfaux.blogspot.com/