spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesday ~ Still House Pond




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

When Lilly Gray woke, she prayed for a miracle. On her tender knees, she fervently asked god to whisk her away from the place where she was confined and back to her own clean sheets and fluffy feather pillow, back to Mazy and Molly and Jack hogging half her bed, back to the smell of biscuits baking and bacon frying. Instead, she saw the same ugly ridged tin walls, and the same old junk hanging from the same old beams and breathed in the same musty air.

~taken from p.249 of Still House Pond by Jan Watson

Read my review here.


books

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wonderful teaser. This is being added to my TBR list. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/book-review-what-alice-knew-by-paula-marantz-cohen.html

Belinda said...

Interesting teaser. Thanks for sharing. Happy reading :)
Here's my Tuesday Teaser

Jennifer said...

I may have left the incorrect teaser link when I posted. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesdays-what-alice-knew-a-most-curious-tale-of-henry-james-and-jack-the-ripper.html

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

oooh i want to read this one!! thanks for the teaser!!

Here's my teaser!!

E.J. Stevens said...

Haunting teaser! My teaser is here.

xx,
E.J
From the Shadows