Mario once got so scared of Bulldog that he developed a red, itchy rash on his face and arms! Bulldog was so mean that he laughed as Mario scratched his arms over and over like a dog with a fresh case of fleas!
I loved the appearance of each chapter beginning page also. The chapter title.. a scripture or two that goes along with the chapter and the Chapter #. the Chapter # runs vertical not horizontal, very different and catchy.
Some random things about SuperLuke, the main character:
- He needs God's help to feel courageous, strong and brave
- He likes meatball sandwiches and anything chocolate; even a chocolate cheeseburger
- He has a bully named Harry "Bulldog" Jones
- He has an imagination (AKA: TV in his mind with channels)
- He also likes using synonyms referring to BIG (example: humongous, gigantic, etc.)
- He doesn't like to hear these words: clean your room, okra, and homework, but what kid does?
- He is amazed that Bible characters don't have last names
- His favorite Bible character is King David
I give this book and the author 2 thumbs up and would give more if I had them. The whole time I was reading this book I was thinking; as much as this messages is needed in the public schools I just don't think you'd find it in their library, because to the Biblical message that it is so full of. That is what is so wrong with our schools we've kicked God and the Bible out. I think 2-6 grade teachers would do well to use this book as a read-aloud to the class. It is excellent. It would be worth your while to check out the blog giveaways on this tour.
You may find an interview with the author @ my friend, Cheryl's blog The Children's and Teens' Book Connection
SUPER LUKE FACES HIS BULLY was inspired by her son’s personal struggle and the good Lord, “Who equips us for every battle andSuperLuke Cover gives us strength.” Visit Dr. Jackie only at www.giggleheart.com
Check out the tour for blogs that are giving this book away during the tour. Super Luke Faces His Bully Virtual Book Publicity Tour Schedule
A copy of this book was provided for this review by Pump up your Book tours