spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teaser Tuesday ~ They Almost Always Come Home




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Frank insists we take fishing equipment-not for pleasure, but for survival. the word survival scares me. It's hard not knowing exactly how long we'll be gone. We've told our loved ones no more than a week... Give or take a day, we three have one week to conduct our search. I can't dwell too long on the idea that finding anything more than a corpse would be a miracle after this much time anyway.


p. 58, They Almost Always Come Home by Cynthia Ruchti

See this book's tour, my review and a giveaway here.


books

3 comments:

Cecelia said...

Eeek! That's kind of freaky. Also makes me wonder who is missing and what the search entails, if you need survival equipment. Great teaser!

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Alayne said...

Yeah freeky! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Beth said...

Creepy!! Here is my teaser for this week.