spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesday ~ Hero's Tribute



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Paul studied Wes, which Wes took as affirmation that he was on to something. "I'll make a deal with you," Paul said, a slight grin on his face. "You call half those folks and get their story, and I'll tell you everything you want to know about the days I plucked Michael out of school."

~p. 144; Hero's Tribute by Graham Garrison




books

9 comments:

CeeCee said...

Now I want to know more. Torture someone to hear a story? Really?

Kaye said...

Sounds like there is a good story in there. My teaser is here

Edna said...

I am reading "Paper Roses" by Amanda Cabot
turning to a page now
pg. 199 She had suffered from widowhood, Herman spat the words, :I hate to admit you are right, but it looks like I'm the next on Mary's list of potential husbands.

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

apple blossom said...

Torture. Isn't that what the teasers are to do. Motivate you to read the book. ;0))))))))))))))) (Big Grin)

apple blossom said...

Thanks for sharing the teaser Edna. By the way, I love your Victorian background on your web page. Your welcome girl is cute too. where did you find her?

Anonymous said...

That looks like a book we should all read!

You can find my teaser HERE

Beth said...

This looks like a great read!! Here is my teaser for this week.

Susan said...

Excellent teaser! Make me want to find out more about the story...

My teaser this week is creepy but funny! Here's a link.

Harvee (Book Dilettante) said...

Makes me want to hear more. Here's my teaser.